At the recent Cannabis Business Summit, Delta 9 Systems, delta9systems.com, the cannabis division of our parent company General Data, general-data.com, launched Purpl Scientific’s Purpl Pro Instant Potency Measurement System.
Purpl Pro Potency Kit
Purpl Pro is a hand-held solution that turns the user’s smartphone into a robust potency measurement system. Using your smartphone and a hand-sized device, you get an immediate analysis of the potency of a cannabis sample. Purpl PRO provides a complete picture of both THC and CBD. And Purpl makes it really simple to get the precise information that is most important to you.
Based on near-infrared spectroscopy, a technology originally developed for agricultural measurements 70 years ago, the Purpl PRO is aimed at bringing this well-proven approach to the cannabis industry. And the Purpl Pro is accurate; the target accuracy bounds of ± 2% up to 20% THC and ± 1% of the measured value above 20% THC. To obtain a white paper on the technology, contact us.
Purpl Pro Potency Kit Components
- Open the app on your smartphoneTo operate Purpl Pro:
- Click “Calibrate” on your smartphone
- Prepare the sample and load into the chamber; using the chamber to grind up the sample.
Purpl Pro Flower Grinder
- And then select “Measure” to get the results
Purpl Pro App
And you get the results in seconds. Chris Guthrie, General Manager of Delta 9 Systems measured a sample from an attendee at the Cannabis Business Summit:
Purpl Pro Test Results
According to Chris, “everyone we showed the Purpl Pro was excited by the results. It works great and is easy to use. And doesn’t even destroy the samples.”
Chris continues, “I see 5 different use cases for the Purpl Pro:
- Plant Breeders; to establish potency of new offspring
- Phenotype Hunters; to select the plant with the most desirable traits in large seed hunts.
- Cultivators: to optimize growing operations and gain insight on ways changes made to programs and methods affect potency
- Brokers/Distributors; to verify consistency
- Manufacturers: to dial in precise dosages
- Home growers/consumers; to know what you are ingesting and how different methods affect crop to crop performance.
And in all of these cases, the Purpl Pro pays for itself if you save just a few potency tests; as the price of the unit is $1,495. Plus, Purpl Scientific plans updates soon to add other features to the firmware/software that will add even more value.”
To purchase, visit our store: colorlabelsolutions.com/shop
If you see an opportunity to use the Purpl Pro in your operation, contact us. Lots of people will want this device!
Posted at 11:23 AM